GSoC: Phase 1 Evaluation
This is a short update on my progress till the Phase 1 Evaluations in GSoC 2020. The following goals were set for the 1st month according to my proposal, of which I was able to complete the following.
- Add Initial Structure for
Implement the basic outline of
- Implement the
- Implement Validation Sample Splits
- Implement train methods. (Could not complete)
- Implement simple basic structure for training
- Add ability to load code from users
- Convert numpy based dataloaders in TMVA to PyTorch dataloaders
- Use default optimizer (optional optimizer SGD)
- Add savebest model
- Add scheduler
train method in the
MethodPyTorch requires a few more preliminary options which will facilitate loading user code into the TMVA Interface, but it’s not implemented in PyMVA yet. Lorenzo (my mentor) is working on a solution for that exact problem and as soon as that is fixed, I should be able to implement the train method.
Hopefully, I’ll get this done in the next couple of weeks!🤞